Monday, February 19, 2007

Derek....new and improved

Picture it, a warm Feb. afternoon. The kids are leaving school for the day. Some are on the playground others are just wanting to get home.
And then there was one. Derek. He stands far away from the crowd. He is a loud boy. There is a wind on. The boy faces into the wind and shouts. No Porpose, no frustration. Not a scream, but a boyish hollar. Fullfilling a need to just make noise. He doesn't know I am watching him from were I sit. He yells with all he has. I am so much more then entertained!!!! I laugh out loud at the sight of this kid just a hollarin' to the wind. Only because I understand that need!

2 comments:

Leah said...

You should write a book about all your kid-ventures and call it "Hollerin' in the Wind." Then you can go on Oprah and make lots of money.

Cracka Chips said...

good thinking Nessa. I'll do it!