Friday, September 12, 2008

in the still of the...mid day

The world of massage therapy is full of quiet time, peaceful sounds, soft lighting and most importantly for Arizona in August Air Conditioning.
Last week while in a session I had a new experience. The massage was going well. Client was a bit chatty. (I like those ones. I can only here the over head music so many times before the illusion of the ocean escapes me.) Suddenly there was no music. There was also no lights, No Power! and (you guessed it) NO Air Conditioning.
In August!
In Arizona!
Client: Well it's not a problem for me. You can just keep working.
Me: (on the outside) No problem. We can just light a candle . :)
(on the inside) I'm gunna die.
30 minutes later the power came back on. Apparently the whole block had lost power. But I feel justified in saying that we suffered the most at our little clinic. Not because we were able to carry on our business, but because in was a small room. closed in. with a heat radiating light. and my chatty friend was also a smelly one.
The up shot you ask?
The Stupid ocean stopped rolling in and the damn birds were finally quiet!
I gotta talk to the boss man about changing our internal music.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

sorry that the power went out, but way to look on the positive side! i miss you ritz!

Kirsten said...

yeah or letting you choose the music for your room? something. I can't beilieve you kept going, I think i would have died.

April said...

Ewe, I don't think I could massage a stinky person.