Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Angels

So I have a long story to tell.
Years ago when I was aroud 14. I was at girls camp in mid July. We had a situation with some men coming into camp and scaring the H--- out of many of the girls and leaders. In the end there was no real danger but the campers and adults were scared anyway. One of the "Camp Dad's" was asked to give a prayer of pertection. In his prayer he asked to Lord to send down sentinals to watch and protect over our camp.
In the moment the prayer was asked through the power of the priesthood a peacful presance was among us.
Each year we returnt to the camp a few months before it all starts to clean it up and get it ready for another year ofcampers. While mowing sweeping raking and all it's just an ordinary time. But I tell you as soon as that bus rolls in with the Young Women ready for camping that peace and presance is back full force.

This year was no different in that respect. I run the ropes/challenge course for our camp now. I've been doing it for 8 years now. This year on one day I had to assist in another area of the camp. A friend of mine filled in for me on this day.
Here's the storyas told to me.
My daughter was on the trust fall. (a 5ft. Patform) I was down by her feet. the team had already "zipped up" and was ready to catcher. As she was preparing her self for the backward fall I looked at the zip. The team had sort of moved a little and the zip was no longer secure. It was too late to say a word she was already falling from the platform. There was a gap from just below her shoulder blades to her head. NOT SAFE! Before I could say a word I saw.........about 10 angels standing ready. They caught her.

If her head had hit the ground there is no telling what could have happened. The Lord blesses us in so many ways.
The Lord bless you and keep you all.
Love Ritz

5 comments:

Nama said...

good story ritz. it made me smile today!

Tiff said...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Leah said...

I got little shivers all over. I like that feeling.

Jay said...

Angel. . .now there's one cool member of the X-Men. Made even more cool when his feathered wings were 'clipped' and was given the famous metallic wings by Apocalypse. Also, changing his name to Archangel upped the coolness meter. His dating Psylocke just broke the coolness meter. What's cooler than being cool. . . ???

Tiff said...

ICE COLD!

or as Erika once put it...

"real cool!"

This equaled uncontrollable giggling from me for a bit.