Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bliss

They say that bliss is different for everyone. One is encouraged to "follow" said bliss. Not just to follow it, but to define it, know it, become it if need be.
I found my bliss yesterday afternoon on board the Bridge of the Star Ship Enterpise NCC 1701-D.
Sure it was only a model. It was only a replica. I'm more then positive that not a single member of the cast or crew of the TNG series ever set foot upon the grounds on which I stood myself yesterday. The realization is not, however, changed. The Joy I found in the hours upon hours I spent watching my favorite half talents preform their futurist lives was not diminished even a small bit.
You see I am a GEEK. (pause) It's true. I know I had some of you fooled, but there is not a "cool" bone in my body.
I don't think I could ever do anything that will compare with my bliss.
Unless of course someone somewhere takes me to an X-Files set, auction, or "meet the Cast" event.
Or if at any point in the future I make it to LA. Then of course "make it" IN LA, and am able to do some kind of project where I get to preform with any of either shows cast members.....
My definition of bliss might change.
Ah Bliss....
You are so good to me.

4 comments:

Jon said...

PICTURES???

Anonymous said...

First of all, you didn't have me fooled, I know your a geek. Second, I just finished a 1990's TV series called Twin Peaks where your David D dresses in drag. I very much recommend it.

Nama said...

In the words of Cher, "Follow your bliss...Follow your bliss..."

And end dream sequence.

Em said...

I thought I was your bliss. Sheesh. Well, I guess I now know why you didn't follow me... :)