Tuesday, April 26, 2005

more then life sized

Have you ever seen a child when they meet someone famous. Like Mickey Mouse. Or Santa. Or any of theose beloved charactors in over sized suits. It's like heaven and fear somehow combined and if they don't scream or run away they will explode or the face will somehow be removed from thier body.
Today Smokey the Bear came to visit my little loves, and you know what floored me? Not the kids that were excited. Not the ones that were terrified. But the one that had just come back from Disneyland two weeks ago and every day she shows me a new picture of her smiling and waving standing next to some more then life sized being. But some how in the comfort of her own school in her home town the pressure was too much and unfortunatley....she exploded. I think it may take a couple of days to get the bits and pieces back together.

2 comments:

Nama said...

I'll probably feel the same way when I FINALLY get to Italy. I WILL EXPLODE! (as my blog states)

Kirsten said...

I can't believe that I just heard about this blog and there are already sooo many posts. I guess this means I have a lot of material to read for the next few days.