Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Teacher Lisa's Playground Man

Yet another fun filled day with the little ones. This morning I was talking with Madeline. We call her Maddie. And upon viewing my necklace she was inspired with the following conversation:
M: Is that your wedding necklace Teacher Lisa?
Me: No, Sweetie. I'm not married.
M: Why Not? (soft not yet forceful. Her mom just recently got married.)
Me: Because I'm not. (softly)
M: Why? (more forceful.)
Me: Because I don't have anyone to marry. (spoken as a child entertainer)
M: (Thinking. Long pause.) You need maybe a boyfriend then? (hope and helpfulness detected in voice.)
Me: Yea. (sarcasm)
M: I find you a boyfriend.
Me: You will? (shock)
M: Yea when we go outside time.
Me: Thanks Maddie.
M: Yea.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Cute!

kat said...

work it, maddie... work it.

Cracka Chips said...

Are you trying to get me married off too, Kat? 'cause I don't know id I can take the pressure.