Saturday, October 01, 2005

Pride

For nearly 6 months now my dear brother has been clean. Can you believe that. He hasn't been sober since he was 13 years old. He's on his own. He's doing well.

Honestly I never thought I would feel this way for my brother. I always thought I would get "That phone call" telling me he was dead. I got two "near death" phone calls. But now I have hope for him. Delight in his pogress and his possitive humor and joy in a relationship with my brother that hasn't been possible for 17 years.

Yea it's definately pride I feel. The good kind though. Not the we'll over throw your city and burn it to the ground because we think we're number one kind.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Congrats to brother Ritz. That's awesome.

Leah said...

Hooray! Clean brothers are the coolest! I've got 2 out of 3.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kirsten said...

wow that is awesome!!! I am so happy for you.